Night Accident / Tunku Kyrsyk
Director : Temirbek Birnazarov / 90 min / Kyrgyzstan / Kirghiz / 2018
A 70-years-old man is driving a car being mad, and suddenly he runs down a young girl. Since that moment affectionate sentiments start to appear between them.
- Black Nights Film Festival, Tallinn, 2017, Grand-Prix
- Dhaka IFF, January, 2018
- Bengaluru IFF, February, 2018
- Fajr IFF, Tehran, April, 2018
- London New East Cinema IFF, April 2018
- Qingdao, China, Film Festival of the countries-participants of the SCO, June, 2018, best male role (Akylbek Abdykalykov)
- Eurasia IFF, Astana, July 2018
- Kinoshock IFF, Anapa, Russia, 2018 – best DoP and best music awards
- Helsinki IFF, September 2018
- Didor IFF, Dushanbe, October 2018
- Asian World Film Festival, October 24 – November 1, 2018, Los-Angeles, USA, best male role
- Hanoi IFF, November 2018
- APSA-2018: the Best Performance by an Actor award, 29.11.2018, Brisbane, Australia
Production studio: National film-studio “Kyrgyzfilm” named after Tolomush Okeyev
Film-director – Temirbek Birnazarov
Script-writers – Nurifa Umuralieva and Temirbek Birnazarov
Based on novels written by Talip Ibraimov
Director of photography – Kabyljan Khamidov
Art-designer – Bayish Ismanov
Sound – Kalybek Sherniyazov
Music by Asylbek Ozubekov
Producer – Gulmira Kerimova
Feelings come suddenly and can take anyone by surprise. Many directors of the world told it in their works.
Love is a change. First of all, falling in love is a huge shock. At first, anxiety and doubt violate our inner peace, threatening the measured course of our life. But we need it, in our monotonous life. We need it, as well as we need the air. Love changes us the way that we don’t notice how it happened.
With my film I would like to say that love will not choose the age, will not choose a good or a bad person. It just comes and changes the killer girl, whose eyes tell «I can kill anyone».
It changes the old alcoholic man who was living his dog life (as his own son said) alone. In life, when a person loves madly but loses his love, he cherishes and keeps his feelings. Similarly, my old man, having lost her, doesn’t want to return to his lonely life and swims away towards his dream taking his feelings with him.
Akylbek Abdykalykov and Dina Jakob